Court of Appeals
Fifth District Court of Appeal
- Court's Website/Home Page
- Important news and information is also posted on the home page.
- Court Holidays
- Informs the public of Court holidays for use with filing deadlines.
- Electronic filing of court documents through the eDCA secure portal is now mandatory, as of October 1, 2012.
- E-Filing Procedures
- This administrative order and brochure provide the method and procedure by which parties must electronically file documents with the Court.
- Notice to Attorneys and Parties
- Provides general information regarding scheduling, notices of appeal, original jurisdiction petitions, appendices, motions, the record, notices to invoke discretionary review in the Supreme Court, and photocopies.
- Clerk's Office
- Extensions of Time
- The Court has adopted a procedure for the filing of notices of agreed extensions of time as to appeals (not original proceedings).
- Extensions of up to 90 days in the aggregate for initial and answer briefs and 60 days for reply briefs are allowed to be agreed upon by counsel/parties.
- Extensions of time in original proceedings (petitions for writ of certiorari), dependency, termination of parental rights, and other enumerated appeals must still be requested by motion.
- Parties/counsel are required to fill out a mediation questionnaire and confidential mediation statement.
- All final civil appeals (including family law) are eligible for appellate mediation.
- Oral Arguments
- Judges of the Court
- Offers biographical information about the sitting judges.
- Online Docket
- Docket refreshed daily at 10 a.m. and 4:40 p.m.
- History of the Court
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Guide - A Service of the Appellate Practice Section of the Florida Bar | Copyright 2008